Catherine Kamau:In pursuit of yoga



Yoga. I don’t know about you but when I think about Yoga I picture tranquility, deep serenity and mystical ambiance.I also picture a deep understanding of oneself and most of all flexibility.
So what is yoga? Yoga according to Wikipedia is a Hindu spiritual and ascetic discipline, a part of which, including breath control, simple meditation, and the adoption of specific bodily postures, is widely practiced for health and relaxation.
I recently got the pleasure to meet Catherine Kamau.She is a yoga san. I spoke to her on her self-taught journey in yoga and she really opened up my mind to the various benefits of yoga.
She started her journey last year in January to help her friend to lose weight.It didn’t take long for her to seriously get interested in yoga.She began doing research and watching everything she could find on yoga.She literally pulled a yego move and used the internet to learn about yoga.
She began doing the poses, at first she did the simple ones but as time passed she advanced to other challenging poses and she is amazing.
She opened up about how flexible she is now thanks to her yoga practice. In her own words she explained that she has been able to release and deal with negativity and stress in a much easier way since she began practicing yoga.
She self-taught herself poses such as full spilt, half moon and hand stand. `It takes a lot of patience and passion to be able to learn different poses. It is not easy and one has to be dedicated “
Yoga is a relatively new thing in our country and there are a few places where you can learn it. She has been trying to advance her practice to the next level but it is not only expensive but it is also hard to get a sponsor to fund the course.
I for one I am impressed that she was able to learn and perfect poses all on her own .It makes me wonder if she had more support wouldn’t she be a guru already?``There also very limited resources in the facilities that teaches yoga in our country. They are also looking for funding so it is hard to get the advancement I need. I believe that yoga has in a way helped a lot of people and it would be amazing if I could learn more so I can be in a better position to help those who need it,’’ Catherine said
Seeing how at ease and super calm and collected she is, it really got me thinking if we all did yoga the world would really be a better calmer place.

 To see more of her amazing yoga pose follow her on Instagram  @katedelarue

Comments